(Owned by Trisat Ltd)
Beacon Innovation Centre,
Gorleston, Norfolk, NR31 7RA
Personal Security & Defence Provider
Through our unique Accreditations
Click here to learn more
Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 17:00hrs
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic all courses are temporarily on hold. Please visit our e-Learning courses
Rapid Action Initiated Defence (RAID) is a uniquely different approach to modern self-defence and conflict management through advanced scientific research supported by core principles that have been pressure tested in the real world. The System has been designed by retired members of the UK Armed Forces, which has become one of the effective learnt systems today by both Military, Security and Civilian sectors.
This unique system has been designed to follow a systematic 5 step process, which you can learn and retain in such a short space of time. The RAID system has been created to give you a balanced recipe, to successfully defend yourself and provide heightened confidence in dealing with violent confrontations.
The self-defence training course has been designed for men and women that need to increase their confidence and survivability on the streets of today, without impeding on the demands of life. This practical based course is broken down into two sections of blended learning which can be delivered over a 2-day intensive course with an e-learning module.
It is a practical course requiring active participation if comfortable, from attendees and as it is real life foul language will be used for replication. The concepts taught are non-gender, age or physical prowess based and are delivered from an accelerated learning platform.
Anyone that feels they need the confidence, empowerment, or practical concepts that our self-defence provides to deal or manage conflict or physical situations from the streets, work or environmental hazards faced today.
Aim and purpose
To recognise various aspects of street defence and to understand different conflict management and self-defence methods, concepts, and tactics to effectively manage and resolve conflict situations and if needed breakaway from confrontational situations.
At the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Learn the STOP emergency directive to effectively assess threats and reduce risk during conflict.
- State the legal implications within conflict situations.
- State how the body reacts in conflict situations.
- Learn the SAFER approach to personal security.
- Understand the legal implications of their actions.
- Apply the correct and safest physical concepts to defend against minimum force, grabs, holds etc.
- Apply the correct and safest physical concepts to defend yourself during a reasonable force attacks such as sexual or physical attacks.
- Apply the correct and safest physical concepts to defend yourself during a force continuum attacks such as knife or edged weapons.
- Carry out dynamic threat assessment and identify the quickest possible escape route to minimize confrontation.
Successful candidates will receive an Industry Qualification (IQ) & SFJ Awards, Organisational Award at Level 3 entitled “RAID Self Defence” which is equivalent to an “A” Level, so as developing your survivability on the street we create an academic portfolio.